Monday, April 21, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

I happen to have the world's most amazing sister. As evidence, I point to the lovely gift she gave me for Christmas that Joseph K. and I cashed in last Sunday -- a romantic picnic for two at an area vineyard.

I had booked the picnic a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would be nice for the two of us to get away for an afternoon and sun ourselves among the grapes. Unfortunately, Mother Nature was not advised of our plans, and dumped an unmerciful amount of rain in and around our metro area. Undeterred, Joseph K. and I forged ahead, always ready to get our drink on.

After an hour's drive through the mid-Atlantic region's version of a monsoon (seriously, it was bad) we arrived at the Veramar Vineyard, soaked. Luckily, the winery had hosted a wedding the night before, and the tent was still up, so we got our picnic outside. It may not have been sunny, but it was quiet. We feasted, watched the rain, and reflected. Happy to be alone together.

2 comments:

rayray said...

mother nature ruined my gift. she sucks.

M said...

Ruined? Never! The rain was lovely. Indeed, it was.