Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's Been A Long Time...

...I shouldn'ta left you... But seriously, it's not my fault. The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. My little sis graduated from B-school (yay R!), Joseph K. and I got married, we went on our honeymoon, and spent our first weekend back in domestic-ville. I can neither confirm nor deny that we might have spent over half the weekend at Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, and Whole Foods.

The wedding was amazing. I am clearly biased, but I must admit, I have never been to a better party. The music was tight and the drinks were free-flowing. More importantly, they were shared with a fantastic crowd of people. I want to go back to 5/20 and start it all over again. When married people say, "Enjoy it, it goes by so fast", listen to them! The best part was getting to bond with my siblings and bridesmaids. I don't know what I've done in my past lives to deserve such love, but it must have been good.

The Dominican Republic was beautiful. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort. It was lavishly decorated and the service was impeccable, but I don't think I would repeat the experience. There's something weird about going to another country but feeling like you're still in the U.S. Everything at the resort catered to the American palette, so much so, that if we hadn't booked an off-campus excursion, we wouldn't have tasted Dominican food at all! In any case, the staff was attentive, and overall we had a great time.

Joseph K. made roast lamb marinated in mango curry sauce (yum!) tonight. Bigger props to him for taking me to see SATC last night. I love being married!

No comments: