Friday, January 16, 2009

2008: Year In Review

After reading this year in review on several blogs, I thought I would give it a shot:

I got in a car accident and had surgery, the latter for the first time.

I let another person bathe and feed me without feeling beholden or self-conscious.

I amazed myself and found I had it in me.

I ate the best meal of my life with the love of my life.

I remained wondrous at the depth of my friends' love for me.

"Apple Bottom Jeans (Boots With The Furrr)" propelled me toward my future.

I saw my parents watch their daughter grow up.

I realized that my siblings' love for me has no limit.

I spent valuable quality time with my ATL sisters.

I got four job offers and one promotion!

I started learning to take it in stride.

For two weeks, Joseph K. and I lived inside a history book.

I continued my search for the line between compromise and giving in.

I watched the son of African immigrant become President with my son of African immigrants.

The highlight of hosting Thanksgiving was spending time in the kitchen with my brother and sister.

I grew closer to my father.

Learning to adjust has been hard to adjust to.

I fell deeper in love.

I realized you could love and hate someone at the very same time.

I reconnected with old friends (thanks Facebook!).

I celebrated my own bachelorette weekend!

I learned to take people for who they are.

I found a new favorite book.

I became an Auntie, attended two weddings, and marveled at how time flies.

I stopped taking it personally.

I helped plan a wedding.

I started decorating my home, and found that I am extremely indecisive.

I cooked more and became Iron Chef!

I struggled with my fear of change while watching everything change, and soldiered on.

I cried.

My tumultuous relationship with food continued.

I puffed up with the pride of a mother, watching my sister cross the grad school graduation stage.

I rediscovered the joys of rose wine.

I had the mirror thrust in front of my face.

I traveled to West Virginia, Atlanta, San Francisco, San Antonio, NYC, Philadelphia, the Dominican Republic, London, and Turkey (Istanbul, the Turquoise Coast, Bodrum, Izmir, Ephesus, and Cappadocia).

I started saying, "my parents' house" instead of "home."

I exhaled.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Check your mail this week.